Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year !!

Happy New Year !!
[it’s nice to have a vacation]

Nastar. To be honest, I never find it so enjoyable to make it. First of all it takes double effort, you have to mold the jam; then again, you have to mold the dough (with the jam in it). Second, when you’ve finally got it in the oven and you think it’s all done, you still got to take it out and polish the surface to make it a ‘good looking’ cookie.
I used to make this cookie with my mom, when the mood was right for her. And somehow, me and my siblings still prefer for another cookies with cheese (viva cheese lovers!), so kaastengel is still the winner.
Now that I’m married, I ‘d love to bake for Dan (give a little meaning to those childhood storybook – mom in the kitchen, bake something for us to have with a cup of tea, and .. we live happily ever after). I asked him once “ I’d like to make you some cookie, what do you prefer?” – “Nastar would be nice,…”. Next thing I know I find my self struggle with the whisk in my hand, trying to make the butter softer (my electric mixer was borrowed by my mom, I think it’s when she have the right mood). I never let my eyes off from the oven, being occupied with my thought that it is too hot that the cookie will cracked. But just when the “after hour” come , here what I get from the oven, good looking cookies lining in a tray, fully polished, fragrant and yellowish, and the best of it: no preservatives!

For Dan, nastar should be filled with a mouthful of pineapple jam (I mean mouthful). So far, we haven’t found what he’ looking for, the kind of nastar that available in the market serves us with bigger composition in the cookie dough – not the jam. For me, nastar should taste good, so it’ll lead to orders. :D

Recipe: Mom


1 comment:

Evi said...

Hi Noni...bagus kok blognya. Foto Nastarnya keren.